USA Visa Process

Student Visa Overview

Hundreds of thousands of people come to the United States from around the world for a higher education to improve their skills and broaden their minds. Numerous programs provide a wide variety of opportunities. There are three major types of student visas that an international student can come on to the United States to study.

Student visas are issued for the period it takes the visitor to complete his/her course of study, program or work assignment.

see (

The 3 Types of non-Immigrant Student Visa

  • F1 Visa: Academic Studies For people who want to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. College or University. In order to be qualified for getting an F1, you must be accepted by an recognized university as a full time student. You must also prove the sufficient proof of financial support during this stay in United States. Except for the training required by the course a F-1 holder cannot work in the United States.
  • J Visa: Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor For people who will be participating in an exchange visitor program in the U.S. The J Visa is the primary visa for educational and cultural exchange programs. Check out the details about working in the U.S. with your program sponsor.
  • M Visa: Non-Academic or Vocational Studies For people who want to study or train at non-academic institutions in the U.S. such as vocational schools.