Ireland Visa Process
- Fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, photographs and fee. You must provide full details of your previous education on the application form.
- In addition to the signed summary application form, please also submit a signed letter of application
1) outlining your reason for coming to Ireland,
2) giving details of any members of your family who are currently in Ireland, or any other EU State.
3) If your employment history or educational background have no obvious connection to the course you now wish to pursue, you must give a full explanation of why you are now embarking on a change of career
- Passport, valid for 12 months, and copy of previous passport if applicable.
- If you have been refused a visa for any other country, details of this must be given. Submit the original letter issued to you by the authorities of that country. Concealment of visa refusals will result in your Irish visa application being refused - You must provide full details of all visa applications you have made for any country, including Ireland. If you have ever been in Ireland before, whether legally or illegally, you must give details of your time here. Failure to disclose any of these details will result in your current application being refused.
- Evidence that you have private medical insurance cover - Private medical insurance cover is required. Your college may arrange this on your behalf. If so, details of this must be included in your Letter of Acceptance from the college. If it is not arranged by the college, you must organize this yourself and provide evidence with your application.
- A Letter of Acceptance from the college, confirming you have been accepted and enrolled on a course of full-time day-time education
- You must have proof that fees have been paid to the college. Where your fees are below €6,000, the full amount of the fees must be paid in advance.
- You must have access to €3,000 at first registration. This is in addition to your course fees.
- Evidence for your finance A detailed statement of your and/or your sponsors' bank account(s) covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs.
For more detailed documents do visit :-
These requirements are intended to act as a guideline only and do not limit the discretion of the visa officer in determining individual applications.
All student visa applications should contain a copy of an Electronic Transfer of Funds from the applicant to the Irish Bank of the college, showing details of beneficiary's name, address, bank details and the same details for sender. We would hope that the fees would be returned to the applicant if the visa is refused.
Any unsigned declarations, false information, forged or fraudulent documentation will result in the refusal of your application and no appeal will be permitted.
The granting of a Student Visa does not entitle you to have any person, whether related to you or not, to join or visit you in Ireland.
If you are applying to one of our Visa Offices in Abuja, Abu Dhabi, Beijing, London, Moscow or New Delhi you are advised to also check their websites for details of any further documentation which may be required by those offices.